Starting new in...

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Couch and Surf

How are these two words connected? One seem to be a pleasant piece of furniture that we use to relax and watch a TV or chat with friends or have a nap on. The other one refers to a activity, either adrenalin filled one when the waves are involved, or the nerdish one when the Internet is involved. But put them together and you get a wonderful experience and I would even dare to say culture of CouchSurfing. It's a place where you can find very interesting people that have two things in common: we all love to travel and meet new people. I cannot write the secert of it here, because each person should find it's own way to it. What I want to use this post here is to give tribute to all the people that take part in this project and say that once again I was plesently surprised and had a great CS experience.

In my reacent trip to Dublin, I found my self on the middle of the street, in the middle of the night, with no place to sleep at. I was not worried that much, because I was sure I can go to some club and just party out the night. But still, getting few hours of sleep would be nicer, taking in acount that a full day of sightseeing was infront of me. And here comes the magic. I did find a place and in the last moment and with a great company and though I didn't know anybody, the CS spirit was there connecting us. There is still some good and trust in the people, don't give up hope!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home