Starting new in...

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Childhood dreams

Yesterday (or more correctly, early this morning) I watched a "Last Lecture" given by professor Randy Pausch for Carnegie Mellon University. About one month before giving this lecture he was diagnosed with a cancer and was given 3-6 months to live. He decided to do exactly that - live. He's lecture was about achieving your childhood dreams, which he actually managed to do quite well and all of that before he got the "bad news". The whole lecture was very inspiring, because it shows what you can do when you are passionate about something and that we should not be stopped by "bricked walls" that we all run into sooner or later. What a really liked is his affection for his wife, family and friends which he shows in many occasions.

Anyway, I could write for some time about all the things that touched me in this video, but I would rather just suggest you to see it.

Still, one thing that I couldn't get out of my head afterwards is thinking about my childhood dreams. I realized that of the big ones I do remember, I didn't achieve any - yet. However, that only gave me hope that I'll have interesting things to do in the future, rather then making me depressed.

So in order to not forget them again, here are the ones I do remember:
  • become a ninja
  • build my own house
  • visit Lego Land and build a whole min-city from it (measure: to fill my whole room)
  • fly to space
  • wake up one day and realize I have super powers (which ones depended on which superhero I was into the most)

And last, but not least, here is the video of the "Last Lecture". Enjoy:

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home