Starting new in...

Sunday, April 20, 2008

VIP Concerts

My girlfriend invited me today to go with her on one of the Queen Tour concerts. We still haven't decided exactly where to go, which will depend on the ticket price, dates and location. But options are: Budapest, Milan (most suiting for me, since I'll probably be here in September) and Vienna. I'm not the biggest Queen fan, but I decided to go to the concert, amongst other reasons, to have this experience. I've never been to a concert of famous international artists (if you don't count standing outside of concert space of the Rolling Stones concert held in Zagreb 10 years ago). All of this made me think what would be concerts that I would like to go to in my life. Here is the list in random order:
  • Robbie Williams
  • U2
  • The Corrs (because of some high school memories)
  • Gibonni (Croatian artist)
  • Santana
Why I haven't had more concert experiences till now? I would say there are two main reasons.
I'm not a fan. Or better to say I'm not a huge fan of any single artist or group. I love many things but I've never had any favorite, nor a group poster on my wall/door (which I think is a must for any fan).
It's all about money. Usually the concerts are too expensive for an experience of 2-3 hours. It's true you get into the crowd and feel as one, but there are other ways you can do that.

All this being said, I am looking forward to this experience, but it's only in autumn, so many more things to come in between.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home