Starting new in...

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Conversations with God

About 10 days ago I renewed my library subscription for the first time after 11 years, not counting school and university libraries. One of the reasons I did it now is because I decided to read a book by Neale Donald Walsch called Conversations With God - Book 1. It is a book that a very dear person to me draw my attention to some years back. Then I was in a different state of mind and far less experience, and discarded the book as something I could be interested in just by it's title. People say don't judge book by it's covers, but I didn't even see the covers, title was enough for me. Though neither title, nor content of the book hasn't changed and what I thought that book is about still is true today, I somehow had the need to read it. And boy was I surprised. After just a few pages I was hooked an interested in what He has to say. Today I've finished reading the book and I wonder if my life would be different if I read it then. No I don't regret, just wonder. And though my point of view towards religion hasn't changed, I have to agree with most (if not all) of the things written there. No matter what we chose to believe in and how we chose to call it, the truth (at least the one I believe in) is that we have the power to become more then we are and that we need to listen more to our instinct and connect more with our spirit. Highly recommended reading for anybody who's open minded enough :-)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home